Thursday, April 21, 2011

heart on his sleeve

"she wears her heart on her sleeve".  I never knew if that was a good or bad thing.  I guess I can think of times when it's been an unwanted thing, like when you're too concerned with other things than to hear someone's heart.  As a pastor, I'm still trying to learn what it means to share who I am with the world around me.  Sharing who you are can be a dangerous thing, not only to yourself of course, but to others as well.  The institutional church doesn't always make this easy, nor does a world where we keep all things that really make us who we are to ourselves.  This blog is a place where I intend to stretch my heart those terrible few inches: from where it usually hides itself deep within, only expressing itself through complex systems of filters and treatments, to a place where it is more honest and raw.  I simply ask that if you can sense me making that plunge that you would try ever so slightly to do the same.  Its always better to do dangerous things with someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are eagerly encouraged. However, any comments that do not address the post in some way or are inappropriate for whatever reason will be removed.